Promises, Promises: Keys to Better Lower Bills, Less Stress, and a Smarter Home in 2019
New Year’s is a time for resolutions – why not make a few that will cut stress and make your Delmarva home more comfortable for 2019?
Here are six home comfort promises to make and keep in the year ahead:
- Change your air filters – One of the best things you can do to keep your cooling and heating equipment running efficiently and reliably is also the simplest: check your air filters at least once a month. A clogged filter will cost you twice – first by raising your energy bills, and second by causing unnecessary wear and tear on your equipment.
- Use your programmable thermostat – Keep your thermostat around 68 degrees during the day, and lower it by six or seven degrees when you’re asleep or away from home and you will trim your energy bills by up to 10 percent or more. The easiest way to do that is to get – and use – a programmable thermostat.
- Get Smart-er – Stressed by the ups and downs of winter heating bills? Sign up for the Poore’s SmartPay payment plan and you will make the same predictable energy payment month after month, no matter how much heating oil or propane you use. Make a note and don’t forget! Sign-ups for SmartPay begin in July!
- Stay on top of equipment maintenance – Want your home heating and cooling equipment to run better for longer? Never miss an annual service call, which will often pay for itself in energy savings alone. For the best value in system upkeep, sign up for a Poore’s Service Plan – available for your heating and cooling equipment in our Delaware service area only.
- Make sensible upgrades – A time will come when it makes more sense to replace your equipment than it does to repair it. Upgrading to new high-efficiency propane water heater, for example, will often pay for itself in just a year or two, while upgrading a furnace, boiler or heat pump could lower your bills by 30 percent or more.
- Choose automatic delivery – Don’t want to look at your fuel gauge or call for heating oil or propane deliveries any more? Apply for automatic delivery from Poore’s and let us do it for you. As a credit-approved automatic delivery customer, you can say goodbye to run-outs! There’s no charge for the service, and you will get priority service during severe weather, too.
Start 2019 out right – save money and enjoy more peace of mind with expert service and equipment upgrades from Poore’s Propane and Oil. Contact us today to learn about equipment upgrades for your Delmarva home!